Monday 27 April 2020

Academic All-State 2020: Regional standouts from central Iowa

Next year I intend to study engineering at a four year university. I am currently deciding between the University of Oklahoma and the University of Alabama. My ultimate goal after college is to become a civil engineer and, after gaining some work experience, transition into forensic engineering. Throughout school, I have had a gift for math and an interest in forensic science. This being said, Forensic engineering seems like the best of both worlds. It is the perfect way to connect my talent for math with my interest in forensic science. It would allow me to impact people's lives a way that is behind the scenes and tailored toward my strengths and interests. With the world constantly advancing, engineering of any kind is an expanding and relevant field.


What challenges have shaped you, and how? My biggest obstacle has been myself. I hold myself extremely high standards and I am motivated to reach them. I am no doubt a perfectionist. My perfectionist tendencies have caused me undue stress and many late nights. As high school has progressed, I have realized that yes, grades are important, but they are not everything. My senior year especially, as the thought of moving away from my hometown and my friends looms over me, I have realized that sometimes stepping back and allowing myself to have the typical high school experience is also important. I believe that I will always be my own biggest critic, but as long as I am still able to enjoy myself along the way, I look at this quality as an asset rather than an obstacle, as it has helped me to stay focused, computer science degree jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etelix gives International Long-Distance voice administrations

Completely claimed auxiliary is a Miami, Florida-based global telecom transporter established in 2008 that gives telecom and innovation arra...